Nominees announced for 2016 CCMA Awards
The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) has announced the full list of nominees for the 2016 CCMA Awards. Brett Kissel and Dean Brody lead the pack with a total of five nominations each.
Following closely with four nominations each are Gord Bamford, Johnny Reid, Dallas Smith, and The Washboard Union. Earning three nominations each are Cold Creek County, Jess Moskaluke, and Bobby Wills.
Songwriter(s) of the Year nominees, presented by music publisher ole, are:
- " Bow Chicka Wow Wow," written by Chad Kroeger and Meghan Patrick, performed by Meghan Patrick
- " Bring Down The House," written and performed by Dean Brody
- " Came Here To Forget," written by Deric Ruttan and Craig Wiseman (ASCAP), performed by Blake Shelton
- "Heard You In A Song," written by Gord Bamford, Wade Kirby, and Phil O’Donnell, performed by Gord Bamford
- "Won’t You Be Mine," written by Gord Bamford, Buddy Owens and Phil O'Donnell, and performed by Bobby Wills
Forty-two CCMA Awards will be given out over three ceremonies during Country Music Week in London, ON, from Sept. 8-11. Key awards will be given out during the 2016 CCMA Awards Show, to be held Sunday, Sept. 11, at the Budweiser Gardens and broadcast live on on CBC-TV at 8:00 p.m. ET (8:30 p.m. NT), with an encore airing on CMT at 10 p.m. ET.
For more information, and a complete list of nominees, visit the CCMA website.